May 6, 2010

Not just SMAW but TIG too...

So about 10 Navy Ship's Force engineers came into the weld school today to see what welding is all about. Ya figure, they are the ones who plan out how and when things get done, might as well know how it gets done. Right? After teaching three engineers how to strike an arc, I decided to walk over to the TIG school to see what's up. Chuck took some time out of his day to explain the components of a TIG welder and how it works. After watching him run a bead he passed the torch for me to give it a shot. Turns out I did pretty good! TIG welding is something I will learn in my 3rd year, can't wait!

My aunt is in the hospital. Things aren't looking good, but it can change at any time. It'd be nice to see the family while NOT in the ICU waiting room for once.

No comments: