Feb 10, 2010

Metal on metal

For the past three days I've been welding all day. I've been laying bead after bead after bead. It's pretty cool being able to learn this, and getting paid for it too! I've also started to carpool with another newbie in my shop to save on some cash.

I'm surprised and quite dissapointed with the selection of food or places to eat on the shipyard. There's really only two places to get food during the day. One place just plain old sucks. It's a buffet style and pay after you get your "food." It all looks like leftovers under a heat lamp. The second has pretty good food. Its all pretty much sandwiches, salads, and soups. Only problem is the prices. I ordered a Ham and Turkey on a bulkie roll + mustard and provolone. $8.00 + tax. Yeah, eight bucks! I've been packing a lunch the past few days.

3 comments:

Pig Bombs! said...

You're one step closer to coolness with welding!

Candy Capeless said...

man it is less than that to buy ham, turkey, provolone, and bulkie rolls at the grocery store. just do that! :)

Unknown said...

At least there is food and you don't have to drive for it or have crappy food delivered!