Feb 21, 2010

The Zed purgatory

Yesterday, Jay and I went to Rhode Island to pick up a fender for his car. We went to this guys hows, and it wasn't hard to spot. I had 4 300ZX's in his driveway all on jack stands! This is where Z's go before they get crushed, hence my title. His name is Tony, and he buys Z's once they have crashed, had engine failure, or any other problem that isn't worth fixing. Tony strips the cars of all their parts of value; complete rear ends, entire brake systems, body parts, and misc interior goodies.


It was a very worth while 5 hour round trip as Jay got more parts he needed for his car and I picked up some brown seat belts! Why the seat belts you ask? My 240SX has automatic belts (as all USDM S13's came from the factory). A popular upgrade is to install the manual belts from an S14 chassis. My hurdle is my brown interior, S14's never came in brown and I'm dead set on keeping my poo poo interior color. I have a bit more work to do because as far as I know, no one has swapped 300ZX seat belts into the 240SX. I will be documenting every step in hopes that it all goes smoothly and others can do the same swap with ease.


On our way down to RI we stopped in Salem, NH to pick up a lip for my front bumper. It needs a bit of repair work and paint before installing on the 240, but I got a great deal on it!

1 comment:

Pig Bombs! said...

Nice. Well.. I may need to hit this dude up.