Mar 3, 2010

New delivery!

Got my hubs in today. I am sooo excited! The brake lines are in the mail, too. I might just drill my rear rotors for 5-lug to save the $$$ from rotors and pads. I am bringing a caliper into work tomorrow, and the other on Friday, to get the pistons out of it. It's the easiest way I know of (if it works), then I can have them powder coated in Greenland next week. Hope everything goes as planned!

At work, a few things just clicked over the past few days. I've moved on to running vertical beads after submitting my horizontal test. It was like learning to weld all over again. After every practice plate it looks better and better. My instructor (Billy) came in yesterday and said "That looks great!" Well, that's not what I wanted to hear. I was getting loads of undercut and had no idea how to avoid it. So Billy said it's my speed, rod angle, and bead placement that are great. I got a few pointers and WOW, what a difference. No more undercut. Hoping to submit my vertical test early next week!